2019 Municipal Tax Rates
All Rates are per $1,000 of Assessment. For a summary of the Rhode Island tax system, please visit the Division of Taxation's website.
|Municipality||Commercial Real Estate||Business Personal Property|
|Central Falls 8||39.67||73.11|
|East Greenwhich 2||23.00||23.00|
|East Providence 1, 8||25.33||56.51|
|North Providence 8||32.88||68.11|
|North Smithfield 7||19.13||42.99|
|Scituate 6, 7||23.27||41.24|
|West Greenwich 3,8||23.70||35.57|
|West Warwick 4||33.18||43.16|
|Woonsocket 2, 8||36.19||46.58|
- Rates support fiscal year 2018 for East Providence.
- Municipality had a revaluation or statistical update effective 12/31/17.
- Vacant land taxed at $16.89 per thousand of assessed value.
- Real Property taxed at four different rates: $39.20 (apartments 6+ units); $33.18 (combination, commercial I, commercial II, industrial, commercial condo, comm./ind. vacant land, comm. buildings on leased land, utilities and rails, other vacant land); $39.20 (two to five family); $27.18 (one family residence, estates, farms, seasonal/beach property, residential vacant land, residential buildings on leased land, residential condo, time shared condo, farm/forest/open space, mobile homes, two-family owner occupied properties)
- New Shoreham & Scituate's Real Property is assessed at 80% of Fair Market Value at the time of revaluation/update. Real Property in all other municipalities is assessed at 100%.
- Motor vehicles in Portsmouth, Richmond & Scituate are assessed at 70%, 80%, & 95%, respectively, of the retail value per local ordinance. Motor Vehicles assessed at 100% in all other municipalities, before any adjustments.
- Rates rounded to two decimals
- Denotes homestead exemption available
- Providence rate shown is for owner occupied residential property; non-owner occupied rate is $31.96