2023 Municipal Tax Rates
All Rates are per $1,000 of Assessment. For a summary of the Rhode Island tax system, please visit the Division of Taxation's website.
|Municipality||Commercial Real Estate||Business Personal Property|
|Central Falls 7||28.75||38.33|
|East Greenwhich 2||24.16||31.77|
|East Providence 1, 7||26.89||56.33|
|Narragansett 2, 8||12.14||12.14|
|New Shoreham 5||7.08||7.08|
|North Providence 7||29.55||64.78|
|North Smithfield 6||18.94||42.62|
|West Greenwich 3, 7||24.51||34.80|
|West Warwick 4||30.88||46.26|
|Woonsocket 2, 7||25.94||46.58|
- Rates support fiscal year 2022 for East Providence.
- Municipality had a revaluation or statistical update effective 12/31/21.
- West Greenwich - Vacant land taxed at $17.30 per thousand of assessed value.
- West Warwick - Real Property taxed at four different rates: $26.98 (apartments 6+ units); $30.88 (combination, commercial I, commercial II, industrial, commercial condo, comm./ind. vacant land, comm. buildings on leased land, utilities and rails, other vacant land); $19.75 (two to five family); $18.04 (one family residence, estates, farms, seasonal/beach property, residential vacant land, residential buildings on leased land, residential condo, time shared condo, farm/forest/open space, mobile homes, two-family owner occupied properties)
- New Shoreham's Real Property is assessed at 80% of Fair Market Value at the time of revaluation/update. Real Property in all other municipalities is assessed at 100%.
- Rates rounded to two decimals
- Denotes homestead exemption available or owner occupied tax rate