2021 Municipal Tax Rates
All Rates are per $1,000 of Assessment. For a summary of the Rhode Island tax system, please visit the Division of Taxation's website.
|Municipality||Commercial Real Estate||Business Personal Property|
|Central Falls 8||37.95||69.93|
|Coventry 2, 7||22.87||22.87|
|East Providence 1, 8||25.33||58.02|
|Little Compton 2||5.99||11.98|
|New Shoreham 5||6.36||6.36|
|North Providence 2, 8||29.55||64.78|
|North Smithfield 7||19.39||43.57|
|Portsmouth 2, 6||15.07||15.07|
|Richmond 2, 6||20.38||20.38|
|West Greenwich 2, 3, 8||23.79||33.78|
|West Warwick 4||32.43||45.72|
- Rates support fiscal year 2020 for East Providence.
- Municipality had a revaluation or statistical update effective 12/31/19.
- West Greenwich - Vacant land taxed at $16.96 per thousand of assessed value.
- West Warwick - Real Property taxed at four different rates: $34.70 (apartments 6+ units); $32.43 (combination, commercial I, commercial II, industrial, commercial condo, comm./ind. vacant land, comm. buildings on leased land, utilities and rails, other vacant land); $29.89 (two to five family); $23.00 (one family residence, estates, farms, seasonal/beach property, residential vacant land, residential buildings on leased land, residential condo, time shared condo, farm/forest/open space, mobile homes, two-family owner occupied properties)
- New Shoreham's Real Property is assessed at 80% of Fair Market Value at the time of revaluation/update. Real Property in all other municipalities is assessed at 100%.
- Motor vehicles in Portsmouth, Richmond & Scituate are assessed at 70%, 80%, & 95%, respectively, of the retail value per local ordinance. Motor Vehicles assessed at 100% in all other municipalities, before any adjustments.
- Rates rounded to two decimals
- Denotes homestead exemption available