2018 Municipal Tax Rates
All Rates are per $1,000 of Assessment. For a summary of the Rhode Island tax system, please visit the Division of Taxation's website.
|Municipality||Commercial Real Estate||Business Personal Property|
|Central Falls 8||39.67||73.11|
|East Providence 1, 8||24.76||55.24|
|North Providence 2,8||32.88||68.11|
|North Smithfield 7||16.81||41.95|
|West Greenwich 2,3,8||22.55||33.85|
|West Warwick 4||32.12||41.78|
- Rates support fiscal year 2017 for East Providence.
- Municipality had a revaluation or statistical update effective 12/31/16.
- Vacant land taxed at $16.07 per thousand of assessed value.
- Real Property taxed at four different rates: $37.95 (apartments 6+ units); $32.12 (combination, commercial I, commercial II, industrial, commercial condo, comm./ind. vacant land, comm. buildings on leased land, utilities and rails, other vacant land); $37.95 (two to five family); $26.31 (one family residence, estates, farms, seasonal/beach property, residential vacant land, residential buildings on leased land, residential condo, time shared condo, farm/forest/open space, mobile homes, two-family owner occupied properties)
- New Shoreham & Scituate's Real Property is assessed at 80% of Fair Market Value at the time of revaluation/update. Real Property in all other municipalities is assessed at 100%.
- Motor vehicles in Portsmouth, Richmond & Scituate are assessed at 70%, 80%, & 95%, respectively, of the retail value per local ordinance. Motor Vehicles assessed at 100% in all other municipalities, before any adjustments.
- Rates rounded to two decimals
- Denotes homestead exemption available
- Providence rate shown is for owner occupied residential property; non-owner occupied rate is $31.96