2016 Municipal Tax Rates - All Rates are per $1,000 of Assessment
For a summary of the Rhode Island tax system, please visit the Division of Taxation's website.
|Municipality||Commercial Real Estate||Business Personal Property|
|Central Falls 8||39.67||73.11|
|East Greenwhich 2||23.68||23.68|
|East Providence 1, 8||25.40||56.67|
|New Shoreham 5||5.34||5.34|
|North Providence 8||34.68||69.91|
|South Kingstown 7||15.52||15.52|
|West Greenwich 3||22.55||33.85|
|West Warwick 4||See note 4||41.03|
|Woonsocket 2, 8||40.70||46.58|
1) Rates support fiscal year 2015 for East Providence.
2) Municipality had a revaluation effective 12/31/14.
3) Vacant land taxed at $16.07 per thousand of assessed value.
4) Real Property taxed at four different rates: $37.10 (apartments 6+ units); $31.54 (combination, commercial I, commercial II, industrial, commercial condo, comm./ind. vacant land, comm. buildings on leased land, utilities and rails, other vacant land); $37.27 (two to five family); $25.96 (one family residence, estates, farms, seasonal/beach property, residential vacant land, residential buildings on leased land, residential condo, time shared condo, farm/forest/open space, mobile homes, two-family owner occupied properties)
5) New Shoreham & Scituate's Real Property is assessed at 80% of Fair Market Value at the time of revaluation/update. Real Property in all other municipalities is assessed at 100%.
6) Motor vehicles in Portsmouth, Richmond & Scituate are assessed at 70%, 80%, & 95% of the values prescribed by the Rhode Island Vehicle Value Commission, respectively. Motor Vehicles assessed at 100% in all other municipalities.
7) Rates rounded to two decimals
8) Denotes homestead exemption available